The Postpartum Depression & New Parent Support Group in Philadelphia is for you if your baby is less than six months old and you find yourself sometimes:
- Feeling depressed or anxious.
- Wondering why motherhood is not as wonderful as you expected it to be.
- Not feeling like you are in love with your child.
- Feeling guilty
- Feeling emotionally flat.
- Sleep deprived and exhausted.
- Limiting the number of activities that you do with your child for fear of what might happen.
- Experiencing obsessive thinking and / or disturbing thoughts
- Feeling lonely and wanting to connect with other mothers.
The topics that will be covered include, but are not limited to:
- Getting the support you need
- Managing unwanted help
- The myths of motherhood versus the reality of motherhood
- Feeding (breast feeding vs formula) making the right choice for your family)
- The role of fathers and other primary caregivers
- Identifying & overcoming the negative thought patterns
- Skill building, taking care of yourself and your family
- Medications: to use or not to use
To find out more about our Postpartum Depression & New Parent Support Group, call 267-324-9564.
Thursdays at 11am