Gambling addiction recovery tips Philly
Gambling addiction recovery tips philly
* Acknowledge to yourself that you have a problem.
* Tell someone that you have a problem. Ideally this would be a friend or family member. If you believe that no one would understand or be able to help you, tell a trained therapist. Telling someone else not only breaks the isolation, but it increases the degree to which you are accountable to someone else.
* Avoid places where you are likely to gamble. If your issue is the Internet, stop using the Internet. If you have a problem with casinos, do not go, or go near a casino.
* Nurture your soul. Become involved in activities that will make you feel better. For example, cook wholesome meals and then eat them in moderation. Take a stroll or go jogging until you feel tired, but not past the point of exhaustion.
* Continue asking for help from others. Recovery is easier when you have a strong support network.
* Take one day at a time.
* Ask a family member to be in control of all of your assets. And if you are not comfortable with that, then give a family member the security passes to observe your handling of money. Sometimes ending the secrecy – by making yourself accountable to someone, helps you made better choices for yourself.
* Destroy all of your credit cards.
* Remember, while you suffer from an addiction, every day you have a choice as to what you will do with it.
* Make an appointment with a therapist trained in treating gambling addictions. Not all therapists are qualified in this area of specialization.
* Attend a gambling actions meeting. Developing a support network can be a vital part of your recovery process. You do not have to do this alone.
* Lastly, set realistic expectations. Change takes time. You did not become a gambling addict overnight, nor will you likely become cured overnight.
Gambling addiction recovery tips philly may not be enough for you. If so, and you are living in Philadelphia, call today and speak with a counselor. You do not have to be alone .Help is available.